Rainy season makes workouts difficult and makes you eat unhealthy deep fried food and due to rains we will not be able to exercise also. So this will lead to weight gain. As exercise gives us health benefits and prevents disease it is important to some healthy changes.
1. If you walk regularly in the morning and if it rains then you shift to evening time. Try and adjust your walking time according to the rain
2. If you are going to a gym or aerobic studio then you don’t have to worry.
3. Aerobics is a capsule workout which is fun and enjoyable and makes you lose weight also.
4. A 40 minutes session of Aqua aerobics and swimming are the other options
5. cycling and power yoga are other good indoor cardio workouts.
6. You can also exercise in the house like jog in place, walk in place , brisk walk in the call or compound etc for 20 minutes wearing good shoes
7. As in rainy season we do not feel thirsty we will not drink water as water helps in digestion and also feels you feeling full make sure you drink water throughout the day. Water also controls body weight and all systems in the body function at their peak potential .You can also have sugarless fruits juices, tender coconut, buttermilk etc., every 30 minutes.
8. When you feel like eating a rich snack eat fresh vegetables and fruits as these nutritious foods are good healthy food choices and it additionally boosts metabolism. Eat at least three to five servings of fruit and vegetables a day. Fruits like kiwi, figs, apples, pineapple, watermelon and sweet lime are high in fiber and nutrition and with vegetables such as broccoli, beets, cauliflower, carrots, spinach, chili peppers, red bell peppers, sweet potatoes and tomatoes are good choices.
9. Junk food and deep fried food should be avoided as it makes you gain weight and its bad for health.
10. Do not skip meals as it slows down the metabolism.
11. Include healthy carbs and protein at every meal along with a good serving of fruits and veggies. Avoid all sinful food like ice creams, sugary drinks, aerated drinks, junk food and fast food. Have in moderation if you have too.
We thank Wanitha Ashok, fitness expert from Bangalore for sharing with us these valuable fitness tips. Hope it was helpful to you.